Contents on Smart invitations:
- What are invitations and what are they used for?
- How is the invitations control panel accessed?
- How is an invitation created or edited?
- When is a chat invitation or an e-mail invitation shown?
- How can an invitation be displayed in different languages?
- How can I activate the new manual invitation?
- How can I deactivate contact invitations (chat / e-mail) when I go on vacation?
- How can the logo and colours of the invitations be changed?
- Why don’t the invitations on my site behave according to the parameters given?
- Can I include an external conversion code in my invitations?
- How do I change the text on the contact invitations on my website?
- How can I set the schedule in which the invitation is shown on the web?
- Can I prevent the invitation from being opened and keep it always minimized?
- How to change the order of the contact channels in an invitation
- How to make an operator appear in the invitations of a new domain
- How to make an operator not to appear in a domain's invitations
- How to make an event appear to visitors with a certain profile
How is an invitation created or edited?
On entering the control panel of your invitations, a list of all invitations created for your domains will be displayed. With the magnifying glass in the upper right, you can search for a specific invitation. To create an invitation, you must click the + Add button that appears next to the magnifying glass. To edit an existing invitation, you must click on the pencil at the end of the row for every invitation.
You can put a Title for the invitation in this tab. This title is for internal use and will not be visible to the visitors.
Status determines if the invitation is active or inactive. Inactive invitations will not appear on your website.
Operator selection determines the way the operator offering assistance is selected. The Operator selection can be:
- Automatic: This is the recommended modality given that it produces the highest conversion rate. One of your operators will offer individualized help via e-mail (if they are either not available or offline) or chat (if they are available). The system gives priority to those operators available.
- Mixed: This modality is only relevant if you have more than one operator. Lists of all operators in available mode (i.e., those able to offer help via chat at that moment) will appear on the invitation. If all the operators are not available or offline, the system will send an e-mail invitation selecting an operator at random.
- Manual: This modality is only relevant if you have more than one operator. The visitor can choose which operator to contact, whether they are available or not (i.e. by chat or e-mail).
In Generaloptions you can also manage other options (show / not show operators’ language, show / not show invitation to prospects).
If you make online advertising campaigns, in Conversion you can paste the conversion code provided by the advertising company. This code will be printed every time someone makes an enquiry through the invitation, being shown as a conversion in your announcement or campaign.
In this tab you can edit the texts linked to thecontact channels you want to include in your invitation (chat, e-mail, scheduled call, immediate call, phone, Skype, Whatsapp).
Each of these texts can contain variable fields that the system will fill in automatically. For the variables to work properly, they must be left as they appear when inserted, including the opening and closing brackets.
Warning: Keep in mind that some data (Prospect Name, Prospect Last name) is only available from the second visit (frequent visitor), so it does not make sense to include these variables in the body of the Prospects invitation.
On the other hand, it is important that the texts are uploaded in all the languages used by the operators. In order to enter texts in other languages, you must click on the T button in the lower right-hand corner of each text box. Check all texts are properly uploaded in the languages set for your operators!
You can also set the order in which the contact channels appear in your invitation by dragging each channel on the configuration menu and placing it in the order you want. In order to drag a contact channel, place the cursor on the icon for that channel and press while you move the mouse.
Warning: If you select the options Contact byChat and Contact by E-mail, the system will launch a chat or e-mail invitation according to operator's online status (Available / Not available). If you select only Contact by Chat, the invitation will appear only when the operator is Available (in this case, no invitation will appear when the operator is offline or not available).
Domains and Operators
In the Domains and Operators tabs you can choose those domains and operators that will be linked to the invitation. At least one domain and one operator must be linked to each invitation.
In this section you can set the visitors the invitation will be shown to. You can choose an existing visitor profile or create a new one. You can also link the invitation to one of the Livebeep internal campaigns or create a new one. In both cases, segmentation of visitors can be defined by several rules (browsing time, country of origin, URL, etc.) If you select no segmentation, the invitation will be shown to all visitors.
In this tab you can set a timetable for the invitation. Our suggestion is to leave at least one invitation active 24 hours a day to get the greatest number of enquiries.(when there is no operator available, Livebeep will keep on receiving enquiries via e-mail). If an invitation with a specific timetable is created, the system will, within that time period, give it priority over others for which no timetable has been specified. Outside of that period, the invitation with no specific timetable will appear.
You can use this tab to manage what data you will be asking to your visitors in the contact invitations, be it by chat or e-mail. You can set the data to be asked and if it will be optional or compulsory to fill in that data in order to send an enquiry. You can also change the order in which data will be asked in the form or add new customised fields. In this case, remember to translate the texts to all those languages linked to your operators.
Warning: Adding new fields might not be possible with some packs.
In this tab you can edit the display and behaviour for each invitation.
Warning: The Show after option in this tab determines how many pages the visitors must see before the contact invitation is shown. If the visitor does not see that number of pages, they will not see the invitation, not even the minimised format. On the other hand, in the option Time before unfolding you can set the time it takes for the invitation to unfold once the minimised invitation is shown.
You can customise how the invitation will be displayed on mobile devices.
Once the invitation is configured, you must click on Save changes before exiting.
Invitations can be deleted using the button in the lower-right corner of each invitation’s control panel.
Livebeep does not recommend ever deleting an invitation you no longer use. If you do not want an invitation to be operational, you can deactivate it. Keeping old invitations (with its conversion rates) will allow you to compare its performance to that of other invitations. That way you can identify which communication strategy yields the best results on your website.